- $900 Early Bird Rate (before Jan. 4, 2018).
- $950 Standard Rate (after Jan. 4, 2018).
All registrants of the Zoning Administrator training will receive:
- A binder with materials associated with each of the eight modules in the program (300+ pages). These may include:
- A copy of all PowerPoint slides,
- A copy of all special handouts, such as sample job description,sample zoning forms,sample ethics materials,sample checklists and all class exercises.
- A summary of about 300 Michigan Appellate Court Cases that are most relevant to day-to-day zoning administration (not available separately).
- A copy of the “Michigan Planning Guidebook.”
- A copy of the “Michigan Zoning Guidebook, 2nd Ed.”
Participants who meet all the prerequisites and successfully pass the test at the end of each of the eight modules will receive a framed certificate indicating successful completion of the program.
Several entities think the education of zoning administrators is so important that they are willing to offer scholarships for participation.
- Michigan Municipal Risk Management Authority (MMRMA): Offers grant funding (partial reimbursement of the course fee) to its members. For details and to apply for the grant, please contact MMRMA directly.
- Nickel & Saph, Inc. Insurance Agency: Offers a $500 scholarship to its municipal clients. For details, please contact Stephen Saph, Jr. at email@example.com or call (800) 657-7373.
- Michigan Townships Participating Plan: Offers scholarships to members insured through the Michigan Township Participating Plan for the Michigan Citizen Planner Program or the Zoning Administrator Certificate Program. For more details, contact call Rita Evans at (248) 371-3657.