Photography & Policies

We welcome Commercial Photographers to use MSU Tollgate as their outdoor studio for photo and video shoots with clients. Commercial Photographers must obtain a Commercial Photography Permit to take any photographs on the grounds of MSU Tollgate. A “Commercial Photographer” is defined herein as a person or company that directly or indirectly charges a fee for their photography services, sells their images in anyway, or uses images of MSU Tollgate to sell any product or service. “Photography” includes film and digital formats with still or motion imagery. Photography instructors associated with for-profit organizations or companies are considered Commercial Photographers.

The photography permit can be found by clicking the link below. For more information about photography, please contact as at or call 248-347-3860 X200

/tollgate/uploads/files/MSU Tollgate Photography Permit.pdf

Positions Available

Full Time Positions

There are no full time positions available at this time. Please visit for a listing of full-time positions at MSU.

Part-Time and Seasonal Positions

There are no part-time time positions available at this time. Please visit for a listing of part-time positions at MSU.

Volunteer Positions

There are positions available to volunteer in our gardens or as a docent for educational programs. For more information, please contact is at


A variety of internships are available for students studying education, agriculture, environmental studies, and horticulture. A limited number of positions are available. Please contact for more information.


Michigan State University Michigan State University Close Menu button Menu and Search button Open Close