Alumni Awards & Farm Lane Society
Each year the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources recognizes outstanding individuals for their contributions to MSU, CANR, the community, state and nation with the ANR Week Awards which include the CANR Alumni Association Awards and the CANR Distinguished Service Awards.
These awards are presented during ANR Week which is scheduled for February 28-March 7, 2020.
SAVE THE DATE
ANR Awards Program
Friday, March 6, 2020
CANR Alumni Association Awards
- Alumni Service Award
- Distinguished Faculty Award
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award
- Honorary Alumnus Award
- Outstanding Alumnus Award
- Outstanding Young Alumnus Award
The Distinguished Service Awards honor individuals or partners who have made outstanding contributions to Michigan’s agriculture and natural resources industries and who possess high standards of integrity and character to positively reflect and enhance the prestige of the college. These individuals demonstrate a commitment to Michigan State University and the CANR by continuing outstanding volunteerism and leadership on behalf of or in conjunction with the university on a local, state, national or international level. As many as three of these prestigious awards are presented annually during ANR Week.
The Farm Lane Society honors individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources as a CANR Alumni Association Board member or have brought honor to the college as a notable recipient of a CANR Alumni Association Award or the CANR Distinguished Service Award and to foster their continuing involvement in the College and Alumni Association.
Award candidates may be nominated by departments, administrators, CANR alumni board members, faculty, alumni and industry stakeholders. Nominations are due Oct. 15, 2019.
- The awards committee is looking for recipients based on their commitment to the Land Grant mission of teaching, research and outreach activities.
- Professional, community and MSU service will also be considered in the selection process for all awards.
- Nominees for each of the six CANRAA awards will be considered for three subsequent years. If not selected in the first year, those submitting a nomination will be given the opportunity to update the nomination form before consideration the second and third year. If a nominee is not selected within the three years, they will be removed from the nomination pool, but could be nominated again at a later time.
- Current faculty members should be nominated for the Distinguished Faculty Award. It is preferred that faculty not be nominated for the other awards. A nomination of a faculty member will not be refused, however, preference will be made to non‑faculty members.
- Alumni association board members cannot be nominated while they are serving on the board.
- Letters of recommendation are important in the selection process. We should suggest that nominators submit a maximum of four letters of support for the nomination. These letters should come from people who can support the nominees activities in the various areas including MSU service, their career and their community service.
- The awards selection committee structure will consist of CANRAA board members and one CANR faculty or staff representative appointed by the Dean’s office.
Please contact Kathryn Reed at 517-355-0284 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.