Online Program for Parents
Building Early Emotional Skills is a free eight-week workshop that helps parents and caregivers of children ages 0-3 to develop the skills needed to support the social and emotional development of their child. Digital course materials are provided at no cost; a printed version of the course materials are available for $20 (printed materials are not required for the course).
This free online course is offered three times each year in the Fall, Winter and Spring. Due to the high demand of online learning, we have added a summer session.
Registration is closed. If you would like to be notified for the next class registration period, click here.
Class will run March 29-May 29
Registration opens June 15
Class will run June 28 - August 9
To register for this course, you will need to create an account, sign in with your email/password, and complete the registration process. To watch a video tutorial, demonstrating an overview of the registration process, click on the following link: Online Course Registration Video Tutorial. Step-by-step instructions are also below.
- Create your MSU Guest Account/Community ID and Password: Create Your Account.
- Login to the registration system for the BEES Online Program for Parents with your Community ID and Password. Registration for the Spring 2020 class is closed, if you would like to sign up to be notified for the next class please click here and fill in your information.
(NOTE: if you will need credit in the miRegistry, please sign up for the BEES for Professionals course. The BEES for Parents course is not an approved registry training.)
Follow the instructions to register for the course. Upon registration, you will receive a receipt and instructions for accessing the course.
LOGGING INTO THE ONLINE COURSE
Once you have registered, follow the instructions below to login – you will use the same login credentials that you set during registration (your NetID is your email address used during registration and use the same password set during registration).
- Go to the Michigan State University’s Online Course System (known as Desire2Learn or D2L): https://d2l.msu.edu/.
- Click on the Login button. In the MSU NETID field enter your email address (enter the same email used during registration).
- Enter the password you set during registration.
- You will be logged into D2L - click on the View All Courses link and you will see your course listed.
*Note: If you need to reset your password go to the MSU Community Guest site and select the option for Forgot Password.
If you need technical assistance please contact the Michigan State University Discovery Services. They are available 24/7 at email@example.com or 1-517-353-8700, 7AM-12AM EDT Mon-Fri and 10AM-!2AM EDT Sat-Sun. Tell them you are logging into an MSU Extension online course with an MSU Community ID.
- What is my username/NETID? Your username (or NET ID) is the email address you used to create your account during registration (you use the same email address/password for registering and for taking the course).
- What URL do I go to for logging into the course? Go to D2L. You will see the Michigan State University at the top of the page.
- I received a “not authenticated” response when trying to login – what do I do? A “not authenticated” message is typically an issue with a password not being entered correctly. To reset your password at any time go to the MSU Community Guest site and select the option for Forgot Password. You will receive an email from a sender called “Community ID” with a link to reset your password.
- I forgot my password – where can I reset it? To reset your password at any time go to the MSU Community Guest site and select the option for Forgot Password. You will receive an email from a sender called “Community ID” with a link to reset your password.
- Who can I call for technical support? The Michigan State University Help Desk. They are available 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-500-1554. Tell them you are logging into an MSU Extension online course with an MSU Community ID.