Join Calhoun County 4-H
Interested in joining Calhoun County 4-H? Well, you've come to the right place! 4-H programs are open to youth ages 5-19 (as of January 1) and cover a wide variety of interests. Our 5-7 year old members are considered Cloverbuds and focus more on fun and exploration of various projects, while older youth can participate and compete in the whole array of projects offered.
Steps for joining as a youth member:
- Look through the club directory and find a club or two that fit your needs (think about project interests and location). These are clubs that meet on a long-term, year-round basis. Short term clubs (8 weeks or less), 4-H camps, and other events can be found on the 4-H Events Calendar and on our Facebook page as availability varies throughout the year.
- Contact the club leader(s) to inquire about how to join and get club-specific information such as meeting schedule and location, member expectations and club fees.
- Pay your annual $20 4-H participation fee to the club leader or the Extension office. Scholarships are available by submitting the Scholarship Form to the Extension office.
A little lost with all the options in 4-H? Check out our Welcome Packet for New Families or contact 4-H staff!
Steps for joining as a volunteer:
- Contact the club you wish to join as a volunteer or contact the Extension office for volunteer opportunities.
- Complete the Volunteer Selection Process, including being accepted as an Extension volunteer.
4-H Cloverbud Fair Entry Form
- 5-7 Year Old Fair Entry Form (Cloverbuds)
Need assistance with this process? Please contact Kathryn Fischer, 4-H Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Extension office at 269-781-0784.