Best Practices for Designing & Delivering Zoom Meetings & Webinars
Location: Desire to Learn
Audience: Those who use Zoom regularly to host meetings or webinars.
In this course, you will learn how to effectively get started with Zoom meetings and Zoom webinars. Topics include:
- Benefits of Zoom meetings/webinars
- How to record, upload, and share a Zoom session
- Engagement strategies for virtual meetings and webinars
- Advanced features of meetings/webinars
Related core competencies: Educational Delivery and Technology Adoption
This course is open to both MSU Extension staff, as well as others who are not affiliated with MSU. For specific registration instructions select an option below:
- Registration Instructions: Michigan State University Staff or Student
Registration Instructions: Not Affiliated with Michigan State University
For technical assistance please contact the MSU Discovery Services Help Desk at (517) 353-8700. They are available 24/7.
- Login with your MSU NetID/Email and Password on the following web page: Best Practices for Zoom Meetings & Webinars Registration.
- Select the Enroll button.
- Login to D2L (d2l.msu.edu) with your NetID and password and you will see the course listed on your Home page
Follow the instructions below to register for this course. If you would like to watch a video tutorial, demonstrating an overview of the registration process, click on the following link: Online Course Registration Video Tutorial.
- Create your MSU Guest Account/Community ID and Password: Create Your Account
- Login to the registration system with your Community ID and Password: Best Practices for Zoom Meetings & Webinars Registration
- Follow the instructions to register for the course. Upon registration, you will receive a receipt and instructions for accessing the course.
How to Login to the Course:
Once you have registered, follow the instructions below to login – you will use the same login credentials that you set during registration (your NetID is your email address used during registration and use the same password set during registration).
- Go to the Michigan State University’s Online Course System (known as Desire2Learn or D2L): https://d2l.msu.edu/
- Click on the Login button.
- In the MSU NETID field enter your email address (enter the same email used during registration)
- Enter the password you set during registration.
- You will be logged into D2L - click on the course title in the My Courses area.
*Note: If you need to reset your password go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password.
FAQs for Anyone Not Affiliated with Michigan State University
- What is my username/NETID?
Your username (or NET ID) is the email address you used to create your account during registration (you use the same email address/password for registering and for taking the course).
- What URL do I go to for logging into the course?
Go to: https://d2l.msu.edu/. You will see the Michigan State University at the top of the page.
- I received a “not authenticated” response when trying to login – what do I do?
A “not authenticated” message is typically an issue with a password not being entered correctly. To reset your password at any time go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password. You will receive an email from a sender called “Community ID” with a link to reset your password.
- I forgot my password – where can I reset it?
To reset your password at any time go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password. You will receive an email from a sender called “Community ID” with a link to reset your password.
- Who can I call for technical support?
For technical assistance please contact the MSU Discovery Services Help Desk at (517) 353-8700. They are available 24/7. Please mention that you are trying to access an MSU Extension non-credit online course with a Community ID.