MSU Extension: Leading & Managing
Location: Desire to Learn
Audience: MSU Extension employees who supervise or wish to learn more about leading and managing.
Related core competencies:
Team Work and Leadership
Interpersonal and Organizational Professionalism
This self-paced course is recommended for anyone in a supervisory role. Each module is about 15 minutes long. Topics include:
- What Drives Us? (Motivation)
- Authority, Responsibility, & Power
- Emotional Intelligence
- Information Gathering
- Managing by Rules & Incentives
- Managing by Culture & Ethics
- Driving the Bus: Daily Actions
- Sailing the Ship: Monthly & Yearly Actions
- Building for the Future: Strategic Planning
- MSU Extension employees can self-enroll using their MSU NET ID and the button below.
- County-paid staff should enroll using their D2L Community User ID, using the button below.
Contact Anne Baker at email@example.com if you have problems enrolling in the course.