Join Eaton County 4-H
NOTE: All 4-H programs are following the MSU Community Compact, CDC guidelines, and list for approved 4-H activities.
Interested in joining Eaton County 4-H? Well, you've come to the right place! 4-H programs are open to youth ages 5-19 (as of January 1) and cover a wide variety of interests. Our 5-7 year old members are considered Cloverbuds and focus more on fun and exploration of various projects, while older youth can participate and compete in the whole array of projects offered.
Steps for joining as a youth member:
- Look through the club directory and find a club or two that fit your needs (think about project interests and location). These are clubs that meet on a long-term, year-round basis. Short term clubs (8 weeks or less), 4-H camps, and other events can be found on our 4-H Events Calendar and on our Facebook page as availability varies throughout the year. 4-H has many virtual or statewide programs that are available statewide that you can participate in! Find information about these experiences through our social media channels and/or our 4-H Newsletter.
- If you are interested in a long-term club, contact the club leader(s) to inquire about how to join and get club-specific information such as meeting schedule and location, member expectations and club fees. If you are interested in a short term opportunity, please contact the person listed for that opportunity or contact Kristy Oosterhouse, 4-H Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- Once you have spoken to the club leader(s) and identified a club to join, enroll in 4-H Online. Information about 4-H Online and the link to sign up can be found here.
- Joining as a 4-H member is FREE! Clubs and individual 4-H experiences may still charge a club due or registration fee. If the experience you are joining has a fee, please pay that fee to join that experience.
- Youth and volunteers can join 4-H at any time throughout the program year (September 1 - August 31) depending on the club or experience you wish to participate in. Some experiences and clubs may have deadlines that occur throughout the year, so please pay attention to the experience you wish to participate in so that you are signed up in time. A common deadline is for members that wish to exhibit at the Eaton County Fair as a 4-H member, which is March 15.
A little lost with all the options in 4-H? Check out our Welcome Packet for New Families or contact 4-H staff!
Steps for joining as a volunteer:
- Contact the club you wish to join as a volunteer or contact the Extension office for volunteer opportunities.
- Complete the Volunteer Selection Process, including being accepted as an Extension volunteer.
Need assistance with this process? Please contact Kristy Oosterhouse, 4-H Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Extension office at 517-543-2310.