How to Join 4-H
A 4-H club is a place where young people and adults come together for learning and activities!
Youth sign up- https://v2.4honline.com/#/user/sign-up
Apply to volunteer- https://msu.samaritan.com/custom/502/volunteer_registration
Youth and adults experience:
- fun and meaningful learning experiences
- a sense of community
- positive relationships with peers and mentors
- exposure to diverse ideas and age-appropriate resources
- science and exploration of careers related to their interests
- opportunities to evaluate their work
4-H is for youth age 5 to 19. Adults age 19 and older can join as volunteers.
4-H clubs and programs happen in every Michigan county. There are many projects to choose from in which youth from cities, suburbs, towns and rural communities can participate.
Some 4-H projects and 4-H programs have additional costs for supplies, equipment, travel, registration fees etc.
Youth 4-H Membership
To join a 4-H club, you just need to find one that works best for your family! Contact Emmet County 4-H to get more information about clubs and programs near you.
Be prepared with answers to the following:
- What is your name?
- What are the names and ages of your children?
- What is your e-mail address? (We’ll send you information)
- What type of projects is your family interested in pursuing through 4-H?
- Are the adults of the family willing to be involved in a leadership role?
Volunteer for 4-H
Just five steps to becoming a 4-H volunteer!
- Decide that you have the time and interest to help kids explore and chart positive futures.
- Consider volunteering to lead a 4-H group in your community, your local school (before or after school), your church or any other location where there are kids who need positive, committed adult role models in their lives.
- Contact a Charlevoix County 4-H program coordinator to find out about your ideas or local opportunities for 4-H involvement.
- Complete Michigan State University Extension’s Child Well-Being Volunteer Selection Process. A 4-H program coordinator will be happy to discuss this process with you.
- Share your skills, knowledge and talents while having fun with kids, and you’re sure to make a difference in their lives.