- Identifying physiological and chemical disorders
- Developing a Greater Awareness of Your Vineyard’s Condition
Site selection & vineyard establishment
See our site selection and vineyard establishment videos and online publications
Spring freeze - frost protection in vineyards
- Factors Related to Spring Frost Damage: What Are the Options
- 2002 Michigan grape growing season - effects of frost
- See articles in our weather/climate section for managing vineyards after frost and more tips for improving your vineyard's air flow
The future: Unmanned systems and technology
- Unmanned Systems and Technology Applications in Viticulture, Weathering the Climate: Cultivation and Technology in Grape Production conference on Sept. 5, 2014
- Tying Grapevines Part 1: Vineyard Situations Requiring Tying – video
- Tying Grapevines Part 2: Materials Used for Tying - video
- Tying Grapevines Part 3: Techniques for Tying - video
- Tying Grapevines Part 4: Knots Used for Tying Grapevines with Twine - video
Understanding grapevine structure
- Structure of a Grapevine Part 1: Basic parts of a dormant grapevine - video
- Structure of a Grapevine Part 2: Basic parts of a dormant grapevine - video
- Grape Buds: Grape buds on the vine during the growing season - video
- Green Parts of the Vine: Green parts of the vine during the growing season - video
- Life Story of a Grape Cluster: Development of a grape cluster over a growing season - video
- Best white wine grapes for Michigan - White Vitis vinifera varieties in Michigan - video
- Best red wine grapes for Michigan - Red Vitis vinifera varieties in Michigan - video.
- Table Grape Varieties for Michigan, MSUE bulletin E2642.
- Cold hardy grapes: They tried it, they liked it. Research surveys of Michigan tasting room visitors and Midwestern wine drinkers indicate low awareness and positive acceptance of cold hardy grape varietals.
Vine training systems
- Visit the vine training systems page for more information on the purpose, principles, advantages and disadvantages of the different kinds of training systems
- Mother Nature batters northwest Michigan wine grapes 2014-2015
- Grapevine Cold Hardiness: Mechanisms of Cold Acclimation, Mid-Winter Hardiness Maintenance, and Spring Deacclimation.
- Assessing and Managing Grapevines in Response to Winter Injury
- Construction of Equipment for Hilling-up and Taking-Out Soil Around Grafted Grapevines
- Mechanics for Avoiding Injury to Cold-Tender Grape Varieties
- Estimating Functional Nodes Retained in Winter and/or Frost Damaged Vineyards