My Way to Wellness teaches everything from meal planning to reading food labels in a virtual format.
Are you interested in taking an online nutrition course that fits into your schedule, your budget, and your lifestyle? My Way to Wellness is a free online nutrition program offered by MSU Extension for individuals living in Michigan who are eligible for supplemental food assistance. It is self-paced, so you can take it any time that works for you, from anywhere. The course reviews healthy food choices, physical activity, goal setting, food safety, reading a food label, and more! The course has interactive activities and knowledge checkpoints to aid in learning.
The ten My Way to Wellness lessons are:
- Lesson 1: My Way to Wellness
- Lesson 2: Your Nutrition and Physical Activity Needs
- Lesson 3: Building a Healthy Plate
- Lesson 4: Picking the Portion That’s Best for You
- Lesson 5: What’s Inside? Reading Food Labels
- Lesson 6: Fats and Sugars
- Lesson 7: Meal Planning
- Lesson 8: Fruits and Vegetables
- Lesson 9: Healthy Habits
- Lesson 10: Energy, A Balancing Act
Each lesson is about 30 minutes in length.
- Online Course Format: On-demand
- Available to: Individuals living in Michigan who are eligible for supplemental food assistance
- Price: FREE
To have an MSU Extension team member contact you about this program, please fill out this brief survey.
My Way to Wellness is funded by the USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – SNAP, in partnership with Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. My Way to Wellness is part of MSU Extension’s SNAP-Ed program, which provides nutrition education for individuals living in Michigan who are eligible for supplemental food assistance. You can find more information about MSU Extension’s SNAP-Ed program at canr.msu.edu/snap_ed.