My Way to Wellness teaches everything from meal planning to reading food labels in a virtual format.
Are you interested in taking an online nutrition course that fits into your schedule? My Way to Wellness is a new online nutrition program for low-income residents of Michigan offered by MSU Extension. It is self-paced, so you can take it any time that works for you, from anywhere! The course reviews how to make healthy food choices that work for you, physical activity, goal setting, food safety, reading a food label, and more! The course has interactive activities and quizzes to aid in learning.
The ten lessons are:
- Lesson 1: My Way to Wellness
- Lesson 2: Your Nutrition and Physical Activity Needs
- Lesson 3: Building a Healthy Plate
- Lesson 4: Picking the Portion That’s Best for You
- Lesson 5: What’s Inside? Reading Food Labels
- Lesson 6: Fats and Sugars
- Lesson 7: Meal Planning
- Lesson 8: Fruits and Vegetables
- Lesson 9: Healthy Habits
- Lesson 10: Energy, A Balancing Act
While the course is online and self-paced, it is managed by Erin E. Powell, registered dietitian, who is available to answer any questions you have along the way.
My Way to Wellness is funded by the USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – SNAP, in partnership with Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. My Way to Wellness is is part of MSU Extension’s SNAP-Ed program, which provides nutrition education to low-income Michigan residents. You can find more information about MSU Extension’s SNAP-Ed program at canr.msu.edu/snap_ed.
Sign up today by following the instructions below.
To register for this course you will need to create an account, sign in with your email/password, and complete the registration process. To watch a video tutorial, demonstrating an overview of the registration process, click on the following link: Online Course Registration Video Tutorial. Step-by-step instructions are below.
- Create your MSU Guest Account/Community ID and Password: Create Your Account.
- Login to the registration system with your Community ID and Password: My Way to Wellness Registration
- Follow the instructions to register for the course. Upon registration, you will receive a receipt and instructions for accessing the course.
LOGGING INTO THE ONLINE COURSE
Once you have registered, follow the instructions below to login – you will use the same login credentials that you set during registration (your NetID is your email address used during registration and use the same password set during registration).
- Go to the Michigan State University’s Online Course System (known as Desire2Learn or D2L): https://d2l.msu.edu/.
- Click on the Login button. In the MSU NETID field enter your email address (enter the same email used during registration).
- Enter the password you set during registration.
- You will be logged into D2L - click on the View All Courses link and you will see the Cottage Food Law title.
*Note: If you need to reset your password go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password.
If you need technical assistance please contact the Michigan State University Discovery Services Help Desk: https://lib.msu.edu/dls/. They are available 24/7 at email@example.com or 517-353-8700. Tell them you are logging into an MSU Extension online course with an MSU Community ID.
- What is my username/NETID?
Your username (or NET ID) is the email address you used to create your account during registration (you use the same email address/password for registering and for taking the course).
- What URL do I go to for logging into the course?
Go to: https://d2l.msu.edu/. You will see the Michigan State University at the top of the page.
- I received a “not authenticated” response when trying to login – what do I do?
A “not authenticated” message is typically an issue with a password not being entered correctly. To reset your password at any time go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password. You will receive an email from a sender called “Community ID” with a link to reset your password.
- I forgot my password – where can I reset it?
To reset your password at any time go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password. You will receive an email from a sender called “Community ID” with a link to reset your password.
- Who can I call for technical support?
The Michigan State University Discovery Services Help Desk. They are available 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-500-1554. Tell them you are logging into an MSU Extension online course with an MSU Community ID.