June 27, 2019 - June 29, 2019 Harvard Law School, Wasserstein Hall, 1585 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02138
This program offers an advanced collaborative innovation process. Through this training, you will learn to activate the unique creative potential of all stakeholders as they engage in creating a transformative plan.
September 16, 2019 - September 18, 2019 Stantec, 801 Jones Franklin Road, Suite 300, Raleigh, NC 27606-3394
The National Charrette Institute is hosting a Charrette System certificate training in Raleigh, NC. This training is ideal for anyone involved in transforming communities and organizations.
September 18, 2019 - September 19, 2019 Stantec, 801 Jones Franklin Road, Suite 300, Raleigh, NC 27606-3394
The National Charrette Institute is hosting a Charrette Management and Facilitation certificate training in Raleigh, NC. This advanced training is targeted toward directors and project managers.
October 4, 2019 - October 6, 2019 University of Miami School of Architecture Rinker Classroom, , 1215 Theo Dickinson Dr, Coral Gables, FL 33146
The NCI has partnered with the U-Miami School of Architecture to bring the NCI Charrette System certificate training to both the public and its students.
In the News
Published on February 14, 2019
Published on November 7, 2018
Published on October 23, 2018
Lakewood Neighbors coalition engages international collaboration experts to foster community planning
Published on October 22, 2018
Published on March 29, 2018
In every organization and in every endeavor, creating innovative solutions to complex problems requires collaboration – and necessarily involves conflicting positions. How can you avoid endless meetings and participant burnout while channeling divergent viewpoints into co-action?
The NCI Charrette System transforms collaboration by embedding key participants in the design process, bring them together in a radically creative event to build a supported action plan. This flexible yet prescriptive system cuts project timelines in half, saving money and accelerating implementation.
The Charrette Ideology
Everything that NCI does comes from the learnings of hundreds of charrettes spanning 30 years of practice. These charrettes, conducted in the complex and often contentious world of community planning, have taught us how to efficiently co-create innovative and achievable solutions. The Charrette ideology brings the power of mindfulness to a project, organization or community to build trust and foster innovation through:
- Collaboration by design,
- Compressed work sessions,
- Short feedback loops, and
- Finding opportunity in conflict.
NCI Charrette System
How can you save money and time, and still create an innovative solution that is supported and implemented? The NCI Charrette System. Centered around the catalytic charrette event, this efficient process harnesses the talents and energies of all interested parties to create and support a feasible plan in three phases:
- Preparation: Become charrette-ready by preparing for the right people, data, and place.
- Charrette: Engage the creative moment with all key participants collaborating on a feasible action plan.
- Implementation: Move from vision to action—ensure that the charrette plan is solidly supported and has implementation momentum.
Learn and Consult with NCI
The NCI is an educator, facilitator and leader in radical collaboration for strategic action. Our mission is to transform the way people work together by building capacity for collaboration. The NCI works across the spectrum of engagement to:
- Teach professionals and community leaders the art and science of the NCI Charrette System through our training and certificate program.
- Provide on-going support throughout the project process, including on-the-ground coaching and assistance.
- Facilitate the collaborative design process for organizations that are creating and implementing strategic plans and high-priority organizational initiatives.