Gogebic County Message from the District Director 2018
District director Paul Putnam describes the difference we make together, partnering with Gogebic County.
I’m delighted to share the results of another successful year of partnership between Gogebic County and Michigan State University (MSU) Extension. Because of your continued support, we’ve been able to make a difference in the lives of youth, families, businesses and communities.
MSU Extension offers a broad range of research-based educational services to county residents. Over this past year, we’ve empowered families and individuals to live healthier lives, supported new and local businesses, created opportunities for youth leadership development and career exploration, helped farmers with business management and mental health, and much more. Our staff live and work alongside county residents, are rooted in community relationships and are responsive to community needs.
This year, we’ve also welcomed Gogebic County residents into our online community: we’ve offered online educational courses, answered questions on topics ranging from gardening to food safety, raised program awareness through social media and provided a library of research-based resources they’ve browsed on our website.
Here's a quick look at some of the numbers:
- 3 Extension professionals based in the county, 57 provided educational opportunities
- $1,235,437 total MSU economic impact in Gogebic County
- 1,061 Gogebic County youth in 4-H, early childhood or after school enrichment programs
- 1 MSU partner hospital
- MSU Extension website received 2,487 visits from Gogebic County, 82% were first-time visitors
- MSU disbursed $115,213 in financial aid to county students
- $4,804 was spent on local businesses
- MSU Extension has served Gogebic County for over 100 years
Our partnership with you makes this all possible. On behalf of the MSU Extension team serving Gogebic County, thank you for another great year. We look forward to your continued support and hope you’ll be able to join us during one of our upcoming programs.
Did you find this article useful?