Late winter dry bean update held Feb. 28, 2018
Growers will hear from MSU and industry experts on a variety of pest, production and marketing issues.
Michigan State University Extension will host a free, online Late Winter Dry Bean Production Update at 1 p.m. on Feb. 28, 2018. You will have the option of attending from the comfort of your home or office by following this link: https://msu.zoom.us/j/312201164.
You can also come to one of the following two locations to view the online meeting and interact with the speakers:
MSU Extension Isabella County
3rd Floor Room 340
200 N. Main St.
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
MSU Extension Delta County
2840 College Ave.
Escanaba, MI 49829
The agenda for the day includes:
- MSU bean breeders update – Jim Kelly, MSU Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences
- Pathology research – Martin Chilvers, MSU Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences
- Insect overwintering and 2017 western bean cutworm levels – Fred Springborn, MSU Extension
- PRAB (Production Research Advisory Board) update – Greg Varner, Michigan Bean Commission
- Market update – Larry Sprague, Kelly Bean Company
Participants at the in-person sites will be eligible to receive three Restricted Use Pesticide credits.