Wexford County Message from the District Director
District director Shari Spoelman describes the difference we make together, partnering with Wexford County.
Michigan State University (MSU) Extension partners with Wexford County to strengthen youth, families, businesses and communities. Your MSU Extension staff members, grounded in local relationships, serve by bringing the university’s research and resources to provide outreach and education where Wexford County residents need it most. We've been serving Wexford County for over 104 years.
Here's the difference we've made together in 2018:
- Almost 2,200 Wexford adults and youth participated in MSU Extension programs
- Over 1,400 youth participated in 4-H youth development programs and other school enrichment programs
- 400 adults and youth benefited from health and nutrition programs
- 200 residents particpated in agricultural services and gardening programs
- Over 200 Wexford County youth learned important workforce development skills.
Here's a breakdown by percent of the people we served and the programs:
- 65% were youth in youth development programs
- 19% were adults in health and nutrition programs
- 5% were adults served through gardening programs and services
- 5% were adults served through agricultural services and programs
- 3% were families served in family development programs and services
- 2% were people served through community, economic and natural resource developments
- 1% were adults volunteers with youth
We’re passionate about serving Wexford County and are looking forward to a new year. Thank you for your continued support of MSU Extension and for partnering with us to make a difference.
District 6 Director
Serving Clare, Gladwin, Isabella, Mecosta, Missaukee, Osceola and Wexford counties