Kent County Extension Office
Holly Tiret - Social emotional health and wellbeing across the life span
Holly Tiret has over 35 years’ experience working with children and families. She has been a Family and Consumer Sciences Educator with Michigan State University Extension for the past 19 years. Her focus is on helping families and children become socially and emotionally healthy so they can lead satisfying and productive lives. She works to make connections with medical professionals, human health scientists and MSU Extension. She is located in Western Michigan. She has a BA in Child Development from San Francisco State University and an MA in Education from Central Michigan University. Holly has been teaching and practicing mindfulness for the past 7 years.
List of classes:
- RELAX: Alternatives to Anger Series and RELAX for Parents & Caregivers Workshop
- Stress Less with Mindfulness Series and Stress Less for Parents & Caregivers Workshop
- MSU Extension Mindfulness for Better Living Workshops
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers Series (for any adult taking care of a loved one or a parent taking care of a special needs child)
- WISE (Wellness Initiative for Senior Education)
- Incredible Years Teacher Classroom Management Series
Holly was trained in mindfulness by Jane Riffe and Becky Smith from West Virginia Extension. Holly has taken Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction through the Grand Rapids Center for Mindfulness and attended a two-day workshop on Mindful Self Compassion with authors Kristen Neff and Christopher Germer. Holly and her work team at MSU Extension are mentored by Dr. Roxane Chan, a holistic nurse, mindfulness teacher and expert.