Kenneth Kellner III, PH.D.
Areas of Expertise:
Wildlife population dynamics; quantitative ecology; disturbance ecology; research software development
- Ph.D., Forest Ecology, Purdue University, 2015
- M.S., Forest Ecology, Purdue University, 2012
- B.S., Biology, Wheaton College, 2009
- Improving estimates of wildlife abundance and occurrence
- Impacts of forest management on wildlife and plant populations
- Development of statistical software tools for researchers
- Use of species distribution models to infer historical population dynamics and future impacts of climate change
- Conservation and management of mammals and birds
Kellner KF, Parsons AW, Kays R, Millspaugh JJ, Rota CT (2022). A Two-Species Occupancy Model with a Continuous-Time Detection Process Reveals Spatial and Temporal Interactions. Journal of Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Statistics 27, 321–338.
Brüniche-Olsen A, Kellner KF, Belant JL, DeWoody A (2021). Life-history traits and habitat availability shape genomic diversity in birds: implications for conservation. Proceedings of the Royal Society B 288, 20211441.
Kellner KF, Fowler NL, Petroelje TR, Kautz TM, Beyer DE, Belant, JL (2021). ubms: An R package for fitting hierarchical occupancy and N-mixture abundance models in a Bayesian framework. Methods in Ecology and Evolution 13, 577–584.
Fowler NL, Kautz TM, Petroelje TR, Wilton CM, Kellner KF, O’Brien DJ, Parsons B, Beyer DE, Belant JL (2021). Marginal support for a trophic cascade among sympatric canids in peripheral wolf range. Ecology 102, e03494.
Strebel N, Fiss CJ, Kellner KF, Larkin JL, Kéry M, Cohen J (2021). Estimating abundance based on time-to-detection data. Methods in Ecology and Evolution 12, 909–920.
Kellner KF, Renken RB, Millspaugh JJ, Porneluzi P, Wolf AJ, Fantz D, Gitzen RA, Faaborg J, Timm S, Ehlers S, Buchanan M, Haslerig J, George A, Rota CT, (2019). Effects of forest management on vertebrate communities: Synthesizing two decades of data from upland hardwood forests in Missouri, USA. Ecological Applications 29, e01993.