Apple Pistachio Crisp
- 3 apples (such as Honeycrisp cored and cut into 1” chunks and unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pistachios (unsalted and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter (melted)
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Place sliced apples, raisins, and lemon juice in 8x8 pan or baking dish; toss.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients except melted margarine.
- Add melted margarine and mix until texture is consistent. Sprinkle over apple-raisin mixture.
- Bake uncovered 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender
Serving Suggestion: Serve with an 8 oz. glass of fat-free (skim) milk, 3 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast and a 1/2 cup of fresh green beans.