4-H Sportsmanship Activity: Good Sports Greeting CardsDOWNLOAD FILE
March 29, 2017
Identify the qualities and behaviors that reflect good sportsmanship
- Computer with Internet access
- Plain paper
- Art supplies (crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc.)
- Sample greeting cards
Looking at row after row of greeting cards in a store, you might think there’s a card for every possible occasion. Not so, says Good Sports Greetings Company. So Good Sports Greetings has hired you to design a line of greeting cards to promote good sportsmanship among kids.
As a group, create a list and discuss qualities that reflect good sportsmanship.
- Respect for other competitors
- How do you feel when you receive a greeting card?
- What words of encouragement have you heard in the past?
- Do you think stores should offer sportsmanship greeting cards?
- What do you think is the most important quality of a good sport?
- While creating your card, did you think of any other sportsmanship qualities that should be recognized?