4-H Sportsmanship Activity: Sportsmanship - What is it?DOWNLOAD FILE
March 29, 2017 - Author: Michigan State University Extension
- Define good sportsmanship.
- Explore characteristics of a good sport.
- Identify ways in which you can demonstrate good sportsmanship.
- Writing utensils
Choose one or more qualities from the list below and discuss how they relate to sportsmanship. Be sure to give examples of ways to demonstrate these qualities while in competition, practices, or meetings.
- Positive attitude
- Other ideas?
Assign a specific sportsmanship quality to a youth member or a group of members and have them research and present on it at the next meeting.
- What did you learn about qualities of sportsmanship that you didn’t know before?
- What quality do you feel you have the most room for improvement in?
- What quality would you like to learn more about?
- How would you go about teaching other kids the qualities of good sportsmanship?