Biosecurity - Easy as 1-2-3 PosterDOWNLOAD FILE
Biosecurity is as EASY as 1, 2, 3!
Diseases and other germs can easily spread at public fairs and events. Keep yourself and your animals at home safe by following three simple steps before you return to your farm or facility.
- Clean and disinfect your animal’s equipment.
- Remove manure and other organic material.
- Wash with soap and water.
- Use disinfectant (For example, 1 part bleach to 30 parts water).
- Allow time to dry.
- Change your shoes, boots and clothes.
- Wash or disinfect the clothing and shoes you have on before wearing them into your barn or animal facility. 3
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Lather with soap for 15 to 20 seconds.
Now you’ve reduced your risk of spreading disease and done your part to protect yourself and your animals!