Youth Co-Instructor Role Description for 4-H Exploration DaysDOWNLOAD FILE
October 27, 2022 - Author: Michigan State University Extension
To create a statewide pre-college event featuring a variety of diverse sessions that appeal to youth ages 12-19 years of age. Utilizing resources on and off campus from all fields of study to prepare our young people for a complex and changing world.
- June event times
- Meeting times with instructor prior to event to plan session contact (time varies)
- Must be registered 4-H member who is attending 4-H Exploration Days
- A willingness to become familiar with and work within the philosophy and guidelines of the MSU Extension 4-H Youth Development Program.
- The ability to teach or assist young people ages 12-19 years of age.
- A sincere interest in working with youth, other volunteers and professional staff in an educational setting.
- Good verbal and/or written communication skills, openness to work with all youth from all racial, ethnic, gender identities, etc.
- Meet with the session instructor prior to the event to plan session content.
- Arrive at session at least 30 minutes before it starts.
- Be prepared for the session and assist and teach as planned.
- Attend the entire session.
- Check in with the session instructor during session time and as needed throughout the
- Ride bus/van to and from the field trip site with the participants during 4-H Explorations
Days, if applicable.
- Experience the satisfaction of contributing to the positive growth of youth
- Grow personal leadership and communication skills
- Gain respect and gratitude of members, volunteers, parents, and the community
- Recognition for your contributions
- Staying on campus during 4-H Exploration Days and enjoying the activities offered.
Boundaries and Parameters:
Helpers must remain in the session for the duration of the session.