4-H Participation Fee Scholarship
Families who are unable to afford the annual $20 4-H Participation Fee are able to receive a scholarship to cover the fee. All youth who are in need will be covered upon submission of the scholarship form to the Extension office.
Scholarships for 4-H Educational Opportunities
General County Scholarships
Youth 4-H members who are attending state or national 4-H events, workshops and camps are eligible to receive a county scholarship for registration fees. You must contact the MSU Extension office prior to registering so that we can assist with registration if you would like to utilize one of the listed scholarships. These scholarships can often be applied directly toward the cost of registration, meaning you do not have to pay upfront and then get reimbursed. Scholarship fund amounts vary depending on the cost of the event. Examples of common events and amounts are below:
- 4-H workshops that take place at the Kettunen Center: $50 scholarship
- U.P. 4-H Camp: $50 scholarship
- 4-H Exploration Days: $40 scholarship
- 4-H Capitol Experience, Great Lakes and Natural Resources Camp, Renewable Energy Camp: $80 scholarship
- Citizenship Washington Focus, National 4-H Summits, National 4-H Congress: $200 scholarship
A variety of college scholarships are available from Michigan 4-H. To view the current list of college scholarships, visit the site at http://www.canr.msu.edu/4_h_scholarships_and_recognition_program/4_h_scholarships.