This page features a series of resources for homeowners to help them appropriately maintain their septic system and handle other wastewater issues.
- Managing Your Septic System, MSU Extension
- Does Your Community Need a “Sewer” System?, National Onsite Wastewater Recycling Association
- Environmental Protection Agency’s Septic (Onsite/Decentralized) Systems
- Home *A*Syst Chapter 11: Managing Wastewater, MSU Extension
- Home *A*Syst: Managing Shoreline Property to Protect Water Quality, MSU Extension
- Planting on Your Septic Drain Field, Virginia Cooperative Extension
- Onsite Wastewater, Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes & Energy
- Frequently Asked Questions About Onsite Wastewater Systems, Stephens Consulting Services, P.C.
Recorded Septic Webinar
Listen to a recording of the MSU Extension webinar "Septic Systems: Insight into Your Onsite System". The webinar includes an overview of Michigan onsite programs, how septic systems are regulated, how septic systems functions, best management practices and more. Click here to listen to the recording.