Participants in the Graduate Certificate in Spatial Ecology (MSU Program Code 5417) must complete a course from three of the following categories:
- GEO 866 Spatial Data Analysis (4 credits)
- One of the following courses (3 credits):
- IBIO 870 Spatial Ecology
- FW 840 Landscape Ecology
- One of the following courses (3 or 4 credits):
- CSS 921 Geostatistics (3)
- FOR 867 Hierarchical Modeling and Computing for Spatio-temporal Environmental Data (3)
- IBIO 870 Spatial Ecology (3)
- FW 840 Landscape Ecology (3)
- GEO 865 Advanced Quantitative Methods in Geography (4)
- GEO 869 Agent-based Modeling (3)
- GEO 837 Remote Sensing of the Biosphere (3) (Pending)
For academic advising, reach out to Dr. Gary Roloff at email@example.com. IBIO 870 and FW 840 may not be used to fulfill requirements for both category two and three.
See MSU Schedule of Courses for more detail on the timing of these courses.