Our graduates and alumni enjoy rewarding and productive lives, advancing their careers in all public and private practice areas of the Landscape Architecture Profession.
Our alumni are leaders of prestigious firms, business owners, university professors and employees in private, full-service landscape architecture, land planning, engineering, design and multidisciplinary practices. They enjoy careers in local, state and national public agencies, including city planning and parks departments, National Forest and National Parks Services and the Army Corp of Engineers.
The MSU Landscape Architecture heritage of distinguished alumni includes many important innovators and leaders of the profession.
Alumni Firms and Featured Firms
- Beckett and Raeder, Inc., Ann Arbor, MI.
- EDSA, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Giffels Webster, Detroit, MI.
- GMB Architecture + Engineering, Holland, MI.
- Hamilton-Anderson, Detroit, MI.
- Hitchcock Design Group, Naperville, IL.
- Johnson Hill Land Ethics Studio, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Kenneth Weikal Landscape Architecture, Farmington Hills, MI.
- LandDesign, Charlotte, NC.
- Landscape Architects & Planners, Inc., Lansing, MI.
- Mannik Smith Group, Canton, MI.
- MCSA Group, Inc., East Grand Rapids, MI
- OHM Advisors, Livonia, MI.
- Outside Partnership LLC, MI.
- Prein & Newhof, MI.
- PEA Group, Brighton, MI.
- Randy Brown Landscape, Belleville, MI.
- Redstone Land Development, Grand Rapids, MI.
- Site Planning Development, Inc., Charlevoix, MI.
- Smithgroup JJR, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Turner Design Group, Howell Township, MI.
- Vidosh North LLC.
- Viridis Design Group, Kalamazoo, MI.
How to Add Your Firm to This List
If you would like to add your firm’s web address to this list, please send the following information to: Paul Nieratko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Name,
- Name of Firm or Business,
- Firm web site address,
- Firm mailing address, and
- Firm phone number.
MSU Landscape Architecture Alumni & Advisory Board
Below is a list of the current board members. This group also publishes the LandTEXTURE newsletter annually.
- Sandra Fischer, board president, and founding principal & advisor at Fischer Bouma Partnership.
- Cheryl Zuellig, board past president, and vice president of SmithGroupJJR.
- Tim Britain, board vice president, and principal at VIRIDIS Design Group.
- Katy Hallgren, board secretary, and Director of Architecture, Planning and Design at Northgate Resorts.
- Vicki McGhee, board treasurer, and chief of planning & infrastructure section at the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.
- Joseph James, board member, and founding principal at Eponymous Practice.
- Scott Reinholt, board member, and vice president of sales at Landscape Forms, Inc.
- Joshua Seyfried, board member, and associate of GGN.
- Christy Summers, board member, and partner at Beckett & Raeder, Inc.
- Bill Wenk, board member, and founding principal at Wenk Associates, Inc.
- Charles Cross, board member, and director of Detroit Collaborative Design Center.
- Robert Chipman, board member, and founding principal at Robert Chipman Landscape Architect, Inc.
- Dan Wenk, board member, and chair of the board Yellowstone Coalition South Dakota.
- Dan Lord, board member, and assistant division chief at the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.
- Mike Myers, board member, and vice president at KEITH.
- Stephanie Onwenu, emerging leader board member, and founder + creator at the Ijeomalandartscapes LLC.