ANR and MSU maintain several policies which employees should review and be aware of regarding the usage of computers, software, accounts, and data provided by ANR or MSU.
ANR IT Inactive Domain Computer Policy
Computers that have been joined to the ANR domain are required to connect on a regular basis through one of the following ways:
- Plug the computer into an ethernet cable/dock on campus
- Connect to the wireless network MSUNet 3.0 (NOT MSUGuest)
- Connect to the MSU VPN
- Connect from an on-domain satellite site
Computer accounts that have not connected to the ANR domain within the last 180 days will be automatically removed. To restore the computer to the domain, contact the ANR Service Desk at (517) 355-3776.
ANR IT Password Policy
All passwords must be at least eight (8) characters long and contain characters from three (3) of the following four (4) categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (!, $, #, %, etc.)
Passwords also cannot be the same as any of your five (5) previous passwords nor can they contain your user account name nor your full name exceeding two consecutive characters.
MSU Policies and Guidelines on Computing
All MSU and ANR services are subject to the MSU Guidelines and Policies on Computing including:
- Acceptable Use Policy and Resources
- Appropriate Use of Email Services and Resources
- Cloud Computing Guidelines and Resources
- Copyright Information and Resources (DMCA, HEOA)
- Institutional Data Policies and Resources
- Student Computer Requirement
- Web Accessibility Policy and Guidelines
If you have questions about this University policies, please contact the MSU IT Help Desk.