Application Instructions to the Institute of Agricultural Technology
- Complete the Institute of Agricultural Technology Application for Admission
- Print and sign application
- ** ANSWER ALL REQUIRED QUESTIONS OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. This includes your date of birth and question 21.
- Pay the $65 application fee with a check or money order made out to Michigan State University. DO NOT SEND CASH. Indicate applicant’s name on the check. Attach to front of Application for Admission.
- Send Application for Admission, $65 application fee, and relevant transcripts to the Institute of Agricultural Technology. Current high school students should include an official high school transcript with their application. Applicants who have attended college or are currently attending a different college must have transcripts from ALL COLLEGES attended sent to the Institute of Agricultural Technology.
Mail completed application with signature, application fee, and all other documents to:
Institute of Agricultural Technology
Michigan State University
Justin S. Morrill Hall of Agriculture
446 W. Circle Dr., Room 120
East Lansing, MI 48824
Once all application materials have been received in the Institute of Agricultural Technology you can expect to hear back within 4-6 weeks about your admission status. All materials submitted for admission become part of the students permanent file and will not be returned or forwarded to another institution.
Smart Phone and Tablet Users:
Applicants can download and review the IAT Application via their mobile or tablet device. However, individuals who wish to complete the application using their device, must download the Adobe Reader App and access the IAT Application via Adobe Reader.
Applicants using the Firefox internet browser may experience issues utilizing the fields on the application. To correct this problem, please switch to an alternative internet browser (Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome) or download the application directly using the download button (appears as a down arrow) in the upper right hand corner of the application.
** Enrollment in an off-campus certificate program requires admission to the MSU Institute of Agricultural Technology and partnering community college. Students in any of the off-campus certificate programs follow the same application process above but must also apply for admission to the partnering community college if they are not already attending.