What is the 4-H Show Your Money Smarts Contest?
Learn about investments and put your knowledge to the test. Compete with other youth across the state of Michigan in this online Kahoot! challenge during the entire month of April. During this Money Smart Month contest, you can win prizes for both your county 4-H program and yourself. High scoring youth will be entered into a prize drawing for $100 4-H event scholarships. Counties with 25 or more youth participants will be eligible to receive a prize package worth more than $50.
Young people have the advantage of time when it comes to investing. The younger you are, the more time you have to save money to invest and the more time to find investments that can increase in value. 4-H Show Your Money Smarts Contest aims to give youth a jump start by equipping them with the power of knowledge to make wise financial choices. Learn how money can make money in this year's first annual online contest.
Who should participate?
Any youth 13-19 across the state of Michigan.
When can I participate?
Register by April 12, 2019. The contest will be available through April 30, 2019.
Where can I participate?
Anywhere you are on an IOS or android device through the Kahoot! app.
Is there a cost?
This contest is absolutely FREE due to a generous gift from Chemical Bank.
How do I participate?
- Download Kahoot! app on phone or tablet and create a Kahoot! username.
- Sign up to participate by April 12, 2019. Must sign up to be eligible for prizes.
- Check out the Youth Investment Education Resources on the top of this website, attend a Make Your Money Grow webinar listed below and/or read the articles listed to the right to prepare for the challenge.
- Beginning in April, you will receive an email with the Kahoot! challenge code. Preview the questions before taking the challenge. Your first score counts.
- Complete the Kahoot! challenge using the code by April 30, 2019. The Kahoot! challenge will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- Winners will be announced by May 15, 2019.
Where can I learn about investing?
- Attend a Make Your Money Grow : Basics of Investing for Youth Webinar
- March Webinars Flyer
- Saturday, March 23, 2019 @ 1:30 pm or Thursday, March 28, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
- Register at: https://events.anr.msu.edu/MoneyGrow/
- April Webinars Flyer
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019 @ 4:00 pm or Thursday, April 4 @ 6:00 pm or Wednesday, April 10 @ 5:00 pm
- Register at https://events.anr.msu.edu/AprilMoneyGrow
- March Webinars Flyer
- Check out the Youth Investment Education Resources
Who can I contact if I have questions?
Kathy Jamieson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurie Rivetto at email@example.com
Tools for Learning About Investment
Build a foundation of investment knowledge in your youth with the help of these resources.
Published on August 3, 2017 12:00AM
Investing money can lead to financial returns for youth.
Published on May 19, 2017 12:00AM
Teaching youth the difference between saving and investing will help put them on the path to wealth.
Published on August 19, 2016 12:00AM
This section of the 4-H Build a Million curriculum discusses cash, stock market terms, basics of bonds and understanding mutual funds.