Show Your Money Smarts Contest aims to give youth a jump start by equipping them with the power of knowledge to make sound financial choices.
Learn how to keep your money safe in this year's sixth annual online contest. Compete with other youth across the state of Michigan in this 30 question online challenge during the month of April and win prizes. High scoring youth will be entered into a prize drawing to win $50 gift card. Start developing good banking habits at a young age and learn how to choose a financial institution that works for you!
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
Any youth 13-19 across the state of Michigan. Open to both 4-H and non 4-H members living in Michigan.
Register by April 29, 2024, by 11:59 p.m. ET. Complete the contest by April 30, 2024, 11:59 p.m. ET.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Sign up to participate at https://events.anr.msu.edu/MoneySmarts24/ by April 29, 2024. You must sign up to be eligible for prizes.
- Learn about banking by exploring our resources here. Consider taking a class, attending an event, reading an article, or completing the asynchronous Nearpod lesson here and/or explore other resources found on the Michigan 4-H website.
- Beginning on April 1, you will receive an e-mail with the contest code.
- Go to https://kahoot.it/ on a phone or tablet and enter the code using the same name when you registered (step 1).
- Complete the contest using the code by April 30, 2024. The contest involves answering 30 multiple choice questions around banking basics. It should take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- High scoring youth will be entered into a prize drawing to win $50 gift card. Five winners will be contacted by May 8, 2024.
Kathy Jamieson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurie Rivetto at email@example.com
Congratulations to our 2023 Winners
Anton A (Macomb County)
Caroline C (Oakland County)
Ida D (Emmet County)
Brennan F (Macomb County)
Petra M ( Montcalm County)
Alethea O (Houghton County)
Violet O (Washtenaw County)
Emma Rs (Ingham County)
Henry T (Kent County)