Show Your Money Smarts Contest aims to give youth a jump start by equipping them with the power of knowledge to make sound financial choices.
Learn about financial pitfalls and challenges (such as fraud, identity theft, predatory lenders and more!) in this year's third annual online contest. Compete with other youth across the state of Michigan in this online challenge during the entire month of April. During this FREE Financial Literacy Month contest, you can win a cash prize for yourself.
Five finalists will be selected to go on to an interview round, which will determine prize winning amount, and be named this year’s Michigan Money Smart Youth Ambassadors. In this role, they will have opportunities to share their financial knowledge with others across the state and gain leadership skills.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
Any youth 14-19 (as of January 1, 2021) residing in the state of Michigan.
1st place: $250
2nd place: $200
3rd place: $150
4th place: $100
5th place: $50
Need to have access to an IOS or android device.
How to participate
1) Sign up to participate at https://events.anr.msu.edu/MoneySmart21/ by April 23, 2021. Must sign up to be eligible for prizes.
2) Learn more about this years topic by attending a webinar or exploring information found on the Michigan 4-H website at:
3) In April, you will receive an e-mail with the Quizizz six digit code.
4) Go to quizizz.com/join on your phone or tablet and enter the six-digit code using the same name when you registered (step 1).
5) Complete the challenge using the code by April 30, 2021. The challenge will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
6) Five top scorers will then be selected to go on to the interview round, which will determine prize winning amount. Winners will be announced by May 7, 2021.
7) Winners will become this year's Michigan Money Smart Ambassadors with opportunities to share their knowledge and gain leadership skills.
Sign up by April 23, 2021 and complete the quizizz by April 30, 2021 by 11:59 pm Eastern Time. Top Scorers will be interviewed May 17 or 18 to determine placings and prize amount.
Kathy Jamieson at email@example.com
Laurie Rivetto at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tools for Learning About Credit
◊ What credit is and how it works?
◊ The different types of credit?
◊ The advantages and disadvantages of credit?
◊ How to avoid getting in debt?
◊ What a credit report is (and how to get yours for free!)?
Increase your knowledge of credit and avoid the craze of debt in just one hour by joining one of these upcoming webinars!
Youth are major contributors to the economy and are poised to be the nation’s next biggest spenders, however, having knowledge of how to best utilize credit is important. These resources can provide a helpful foundation for the future.
Published on December 13, 2019 12:00AM
Credit cards can aid in building a credit score if you use them wisely.
Published on September 4, 2019 12:00AM
Youth can learn key words in credit card applications and participate in a fun activity to read the fine print.