Show Your Money Smarts Contest aims to give youth a jump start by equipping them with the power of knowledge to make sound financial choices. Young people have the advantage of time when it comes to investing. The younger you are, the more time you have to save money to invest and the more time you have to find investments that can increase in value.
Learn how to invest wisely in this year's fourth annual online contest. Compete with other youth across the state of Michigan in this online challenge during the entire month of April and win prizes. High scoring youth will be entered into a prize drawing to win $100.
Start your path to wealth at a young age and learn how to make your money work for you!
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
Any youth 13-19 across the state of Michigan. Open to both 4-H and non 4-H members.
Register by April 28, 2022, by 11:59 p.m. ET. Complete the contest by April 30, 2022, 11:59 p.m. ET>
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Sign up to participate at https://events.anr.msu.edu/MoneyContest22/ by April 28, 2022. You must sign up to be eligible for prizes.
- Learn about investing by attending a Grow Your Money Webinar either live through zoom or complete the Nearpod lesson here and/or explore investment information found on the Michigan 4-H website.
- In April, you will receive an e-mail with the Kahoot code.
- Go to https://kahoot.it/ on a phone or tablet and enter the code using the same name when you registered (step 1).
- Complete the challenge using the code by April 30, 2022. The challenge will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- High scoring youth will be entered into a prize drawing to win $100 each. Four winners of the $100 cash prize will be contacted by May 6, 2022. Cash prize winners will be required to complete a W-9.
Kathy Jamieson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurie Rivetto at email@example.com
Congratulations to our 2021 Winners
Grand Prize Winner:
Lilly Kulaga, Oakland
Morgan Sieloff, Ingham
Aubrey Richards, Macomb
Olivia Hemker, Iosco
Zachary Sieloff, Ingham
Kimberly Wilson, Gratiot
Mariel Horvath, Washtenaw
Elisabeth McCallum Polleys, Macomb