Show Your Money Smarts Contest aims to give youth a jump start by equipping them with the power of knowledge to make sound financial choices.
Learn about financial pitfalls and challenges (such as fraud, identity theft, predatory lenders and more!) in this year's third annual online contest. Compete with other youth across the state of Michigan in this online challenge during the entire month of April. During this FREE Financial Literacy Month contest, you can win a cash prize for yourself.
Five finalists will be selected to go on to an interview round, which will determine prize winning amount, and be named this year’s Michigan Money Smart Youth Ambassadors. In this role, they will have opportunities to share their financial knowledge with others across the state and gain leadership skills.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
Any youth 14-19 (as of January 1, 2021) residing in the state of Michigan.
1st place: Winner has the option of $1,000 total contribution to MESP and/or MET 529, OR $250 cash (the latter option not funded by MESP/MET).
Anyone interested in learning about the MESP and/or MET option can visit: https://www.michigan.gov/mistudentaid/0,4636,7-372-86872---,00.html
2nd place: $200
3rd place: $150
4th place: $100
5th place: $50
How to participate
1) Need to have access to an IOS or android device. Sign up to participate at https://events.anr.msu.edu/MoneySmart21/ by April 23, 2021. Must sign up to be eligible for prizes.
2) Learn more about this years topic by attending an Avoiding Money Mishaps webinar listed on the right side of this page.
3) In April, you will receive an e-mail with the Quizizz six digit code.
4) Go to quizizz.com/join on your phone or tablet and enter the six-digit code using the same name when you registered (step 1).
5) Complete the challenge using the code by April 30, 2021. The challenge will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
6) Five top scorers will then be selected to go on to the interview round, which will determine prize winning amount. Winners will be announced by May 7, 2021.
7) Winners will become this year's Michigan Money Smart Ambassadors with opportunities to share their knowledge and gain leadership skills.
Sign up by April 23, 2021 and complete the quizizz by April 30, 2021 by 11:59 pm Eastern Time. Top Scorers will be interviewed May 17 or 18 to determine placings and prize amount.
Kathy Jamieson at email@example.com
Laurie Rivetto at firstname.lastname@example.org