Location: Centerline of Calhoun County
Event Date: Saturday, August 19, 2023
Participants: Register here until July 16th, 2023.
Each registered participant will receive one complimentary patch. T-shirts are optional and can be purchased through registration.
If multiple T-shirts or extra patches are desired, they can be ordered here under T-Shirt and Patch Orders.
Volunteers: Register here until July 16th, 2023.
The Michigan State 4-H Tournament provides Michigan 4-H shooting sports members with the opportunity to test their skills, earn recognition and build camaraderie with other 4-H members from all over the state.
|.22 Cal Rifle (Field and Target)||3-D Archery||Air Rifle (Precision and Sporter)|
|BB Gun||Hunting and Wildlife||Muzzleloading|
Tournament Rules, Information & Registration Forms
- All participants register online before the July 16, 2023 deadline. Registration instructions will be provided by local county instructors.
- Registration should be done with the assistance of your Instructor/Club Leader to ensure participants are registering for the proper classes. Proceeding without an instructor can result in errors.
- Registration fee is $30 per youth participant.
- Registration confirmation will be sent to the email address entered on the participant’s registration. It is the participant’s responsibility to make sure they check their email to confirm they are registered for the correct event. No changes will be made after July 21, 2023 at 3 p.m.
- Absolutely no late or on-site registration changes will be permitted.
- Media and medical consents - Please make sure these are current in 4-HOnline. Consents must be on file and current in your county records in order to participate.
Volunteer Registration and Information
- Due to the size and scope of this event, we require a 1:4 volunteer to participant ratio. To ensure safety and an enjoyable experience, events without sufficient volunteers may be postponed or cancelled.
- Roles are available for those without a background in shooting sports. Training will be provided.
- Volunteers register here. Confirmation will be sent to the email address entered on the volunteer’s registration.
- If you are not currently an MSU Extension volunteer, please apply immediately in Volunteer Central. List "State Tournament" for your event. MSU Extension is firmly committed to ensuring the safety of those who take part in our programming by providing a thorough screening and selection process for MSU Extension volunteers. This ensures those who work alongside us or directly with youth and the people we serve are safe and have positive experiences that enrich their lives.
- Volunteer check-in will occur at the range to which you’ve been assigned.
- What time do I check-in? Volunteers and participants will report at the time noted on the Relays/Squads page.
- Lunch: You can purchase lunch and root beer floats from our Centerline of Calhoun Couny friends at Headquarters, or feel free to bring your own picnic lunch.
- Canopies, shade structures, lawn chairs: Families and clubs are welcome to bring shade structures and may put them up in designated areas. Please wait for our Range Officers' okay to put up your tents, so we are sure they are safely placed behind spectator lines. Feel free to bring your favorite lawn chairs as well.
Schedule of Events
- Participant/Equipment check-in and shooting times will vary depending on the range and event.
- Please see the Relays and Squads page for your check-in time.
- Awards will be presented on site following the conclusion of all events and all scores have been tallied.
Event Location Details
We are thankful to our host - Centerline of Calhoun County and their members for hosting us this year!
- Directions: Please use the directions posted on the Centerline of Calhoun County's Website.
- Event map for Centerline of Calhoun County
- Lunch: available on sight from Centerline of Calhoun County's clubhouse
- Portable bathrooms will be placed through the event location.
- Water coolers will be available at all ranges. Please bring your own refillable container.
Phone: (810) 444-7333
Tournament Rules page for contact information for Event Coordinators, who can provide discipline specific information.