August 3, 2019
Blue Water Sportsman's Association of St. Clair County
This annual event, sometimes referred to as the “4-H State Shoot,” provides Michigan 4-H shooting sports members with the opportunity to test their skills and earn recognition with other 4-H members from all over the state.
|BB Gun||Air Rifle||.22 Rifle|
|Target Archery||3-D Archery||Hunting & Wildlife (FREE as a 2nd event!)|
Tournament Rules, Information & Registration Forms
- All participants register online before July 10, 2019 deadline. Registration instructions will be provided by local county instructors. Registration should be done by Instructors/Club Leaders (or with their guidance) to ensure participants are registering for the proper classes. Proceeding without an instructor can result in errors.
- Registration fee is $30/youth participant.
- Registration confirmation will be sent to the email address entered on the contestant’s registration. It is the contestant’s responsibility to make sure they check their email to confirm they are registered for the correct event. No changes will be made after July 17 at 3 p.m.
- Absolutely no late or on-site registration changes will be permitted. Thank you for understanding!
- State Shoot media, medical agreement - Please make sure these are current in 4honline.com. Participants must have this on file and current with your county to participate.
Volunteer Registration and Information
- Counties must have at least one adult volunteer for every four (1:4) youth registered.
- Volunteers can be registered here. Confirmation sent to your registration e-mail closer to the event.
- Volunteer check-in will occur at the range to which you’ve been assigned. If you are unable to fulfill your assigned volunteer job, YOU are responsible for finding a replacement. Notify the range event coordinators of any substitutions upon check in.
- Target archery volunteer orientation at range at 8:30 a.m. (morning shift) and 10:30 a.m. (“afternoon” shift).
- 3-D archery volunteer orientation at 3-D range at 7:30 a.m
- BB and Air Rifle volunteer orientations (registrars, range officers, scorers) at 8:00 a.m. at the rifle range; .22 Rifle orientation is at 9:00 a.m.
Schedule of Events
- Competitor/Equipment check-in and shooting times will vary depending on the range and event. Watch email for time information.
- Check-In Times for Ranges: See Relay/Squad page
- The relay and squad rosters can be found by visiting the Relays and Squads page.
- Additional Activities: Done competing and looking for fun? Stop by these stations!
- DNR Activity Tent
- Volunteer Hospitality Tent - Event volunteers may stop by for refreshments; all welcome to stop by and chat with 4-H staff!
- 4-H Activity and Resource Station, hosted by 4-H member of St. Clair County
- Hunting and Wildlife Tent - not competing? You can still stop by and learn about this discipline!
- "Give Archery A Shot!" After target and 3-D archery are done shooting and cleaned-up, a few volunteers will offer youth to try their hand at shooting! No experience necessary.
- Awards Ceremony: presented on site approximately one to two hours after all events have finished.
- Recognition for the 2019 National Shoot Team and State Award Recipients
- Announcement of all event winners
- Announcement of Daisy Scholarship winner
- Announcement of 2020 4-H National Shooting Sports Championships Team
Event Location Details
Blue Water Sportsman's Association - Many thanks to Blue Water Sportsman's Association of St. Clair County and members for hosting us this year!
- Directions: Please use the directions posted on the Blue Water Sportsman's Association website.
- Lodging information found here.
Phone: (231) 779-9480
Tournament Rules page for contact information for Event Coordinators, who can provide discipline specific information.