Nutrition & Food Safety
MSU Extension offers FREE nutrition education to those that qualify. Topics covered in classes include "My Plate & My Pyramid", label reading, food safety, healthy snacks, basic nutrition and shopping smartly. Our nutrition instructors teach in a variety of settings with individuals across the lifespan, from preschoolers to older adults.
For more information on nutrition education or to make a referral please contact:
Christian Kleinjans, Program Instructor
Phone: (269) 673-0370 x25
- Michigan Fresh Fact Sheets
MSU Extension Michigan Fresh educational program helps people explore our state’s bounty of fresh, locally grown fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamentals.
- Michigan Cottage Food Law On-line Training
Thinking of starting a business....this website will take you to the MSUE Bookstore which will give you more of a description for this on-line training.
- West Michigan Farm Markets an opportunity to search by county or zip code to locate farm markets and to see which markets accept Bridge Cards.
2019 Food Safety Training
- 16-Hour Manager Certification Course: TBA
- 8-Hour Manager Re-Certification Course: TBA
See flyer for costs and how to register
Food Safety & Preservation Resources
- USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline: 1-800-535-4555
This hotline is staffed by food safety specialists. The “real person” hotline is available from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern time on weekdays year round. You can also choose from an extensive menu of recorded food safety messages 24 hours a day.
- So Easy to Preserve Book (5th edition);University of Georgia Cooperative Extension
- Complete Guide to Home Canning (USDA)
- Michigan Department of Agriculture
- Michigan Product Center online or call (517) 432-8750