Editing for MSU Extension
Michigan State University Extension has a team of professional editors to help you so your research, education or marketing product reaches its fullest potential.
MSU Extension's professional editors help you:
- Take advantage of our professional expertise in editing and curriculum development.
- Have a fresh set of eyes to review your work.
- Avoid embarrassing mistakes.
- Uphold the quality standards and maintain the reputation of MSU as a leader in agriculture.
- Ensure that your finished product appeals to your target audience.
Editing tasks include checking for proper:
- Grammar and punctuation
- Content, organization, clarity and consistency
- Jargon, biased language and undefined terms, acronyms and/or abbreviations
An editor will also flag potential issues with:
- Copyright, plagiarism and permissions issues. (It is the author’s responsibility to obtain permissions where necessary.)
- The accuracy of facts and reference citations. (It is the author’s responsibility to ensure information accuracy and cite sources completely and correctly.)
If you have questions about how an editor can help you, contact the MSU Extension our Project Manager.