Would you like to experience the power of 4-H in Antrim County?
If you are between the ages of 5 and 19 years old and are interested in joining 4-H:
- Decide what you want to do. 4-H offers a huge assortment of clubs and projects to choose from.
- Contact the MSU Extension office. The 4-H staff can connect you to existing 4-H clubs or can help you and an adult start your own.
- Decide who you want to do it with. You can join an existing club or start one of your own.
- Learn more about 4-H. The four H’s stand for head (4-H lets kids take the lead), heart (4-H helps kids build strong relationships), hands (4-H lets kids learn by doing) and health (4-H helps kids make healthy choices)
- Get ready to explore, experience and achieve in 4-H!
If you are an adult, there are five steps to becoming a 4-H volunteer:
- Decide that you have the time and interest to help kids explore and chart positive futures.
- Consider volunteering to lead a 4-H group in your community, your local school (before or after school), your church or any other location where there are kids who need positive, committed adult role models in their lives.
- Contact the Antrim County MSU Extension office to find out about local opportunities for 4-H involvement.
- Complete Michigan State University Extension's Child Well-Being Volunteer Selection Process.
- Share your skills, knowledge and talents while having fun with kids, and you’re sure to make a difference in their lives.
The 4-H Motto: "Make the Best Better"
The 4-H mission is to help young people become self-directing, productive and contributing members of society through learning and social experiences which will help them develop to their maximum potential. The Antrim County 4-H program includes clubs from many areas of interest, award recognition, training opportunities, school programs, special events, fair participation and many others.
The 4-H Pledge
I pledge my HEAD to clearer thinking,
My HEART to greater loyalty,
My HANDS to larger service,
And my HEALTH to better living,
For my club, my community, my country and my world.
- 4-H Resources (including Enrollment forms)
- All 4-H Record Books and Supplemental Pages - please visit HERE to print them out
- Market Livestock Contract
- Antrim County 4-H Livestock Guidelines
- Horse Registration Form