MSU Extension: Serving on a Search Committee
This course prepares members of MSU Extension Search Committee to understand their role and responsibilities as search committee members. Upon completing this course, learners will:
- understand the importance of search committees in recruiting talent;
- recognize the duties of search committee members, chairs, and MSU Extension human resources;
- understand the structure and process of the interviews;
- identify acceptable questions; and,
- recognize potential biases in the interview process to promote a fair and unbiased process.
This is a self-paced course in D2L that takes 45-60 minutes.
Related core competencies:
- Interpersonal and Organizational Professionalism
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion