Since its inception, Kellogg Forest has been administered by the MSU Department of Forestry and utilized for research, teaching and outreach activities.
Established in 1931, the present forest is a result of intensive reforestation, forest management research and forest related research. The Kellogg Forest has a national reputation as one of the country's premier research forests. Within the Department of Forestry, Kellogg Forest is an integral component of forest research sites that extend throughout Michigan. Coordinated testing of new plant materials and forest practices yields results that have validity in all regions of Michigan.
W. K. Kellogg Forest Record of Site-Specific Training
WPS training must be completed each year by any employee/researcher planning to conduct work at the station. A copy of individual certificates should be sent to the farm manager before visiting along with a request for one-time site-specific training.