2023 Great Lakes Forage & Grazing Conference: click here Thursday, March 9, 2023, from 10 -3:30 p.m. at AgroLiquid 3055 W M-21, St. Johns, MI 48879. Click on the link to register. For questions contact: Lapeer County MSU Extension 810-667-0341.
Updates on Gypsy Moths and mitigation strategies: Click here
Household Hazardous Waste: There is no event scheduled at this time. Please call 810-667-0341 for updates!
MSU Field Crops Team Website
Agriculture Corn Cover Crops Dry Beans
Small Grains Soybeans Forages Hemp Production
Hops Malting Barley Soil Health Sugarbeets
Harvest and Storage Info
The links below contain information to help farmers handle current harvest challenges, including temporary storage, storage safety and adapting silos for grain storage. There’s also a link to the USDA’s recently changed Marketing Assistance Loan Program and information about conditions at the Port of New Orleans. Other sections deal with making decisions related to delaying harvest and a series of links related to marketing options. For more information for your particular situation, contact your local MSU Extension office.
Links to Grain Storage Information
- Temporary Grain Storage Considerations
- Adapting Silage Silos for Dry Grain Storage
- Grain Storage Problems Are Increasing the Dangers to Farm Operators
- Temporary Grain Storage This document focuses on prevent grain quality loss from weather, wind and moisture; rodents, birds and insects and microorganisms in temporary grain storage facilities (from North Dakota State University).
- Using Existing Buildings for Temporary Grain Storage (from the University of Nebraska).
- Management - The Key to Maintaining Stored Grain Quality - Information from the University of Nebraska concerning moisture, temperature, initial grain condition, insects and mold.