To help new county commissioners achieve success we encourage you to attend the New Commissioner School, designed to help them learn about the challenges and responsibilities of this new role.
For more than 50 years, Michigan State University Extension and Michigan Association of Counties have offered this workshop series and other educational opportunities for new and returning commissioners, administrators and county officials.
Participants in the New Commissioner School will:
- Explore the complexity of governance in today’s world.
- Learn more about their roles and responsibilities.
- Gain an initial understanding of county finance.
- Learn the questions to ask when making decisions on policy issues.
- Network with other commissioners.
Workshop participants can purchase a copy of the newly revised Guide to Michigan County Government (5th Edition) at a discounted rate! Click here to purchase the guide. Use code MIGOV for a 25% discount. Orders of 4 or more will automatically receive 30% off.
We encourage your participation in this school and look forward to meeting with you.
Who Should Attend?
Although targeted for newly elected county commissioners, experienced board members, county administrative officials, county clerks and treasurers are all invited to attend.