Michigan 4-H Foundation funds 4-H statewide learning experience sponsorships
For the 2022-23 program year, the Michigan 4-H Foundation funded sponsorships for 20 statewide 4-H learning experiences totaling $95,503.
As the private resource partner for Michigan 4-H, the Michigan 4-H Foundation provides funding to support a variety of statewide 4-H learning experiences, greatly reducing the cost for 4-H youth, volunteers and staff to attend a variety of events. This discount (previously referred to as a subsidy) is provided by generous gifts from donors, endowment fund earnings and general fund support from the Michigan 4-H Foundation to the 4-H Statewide Learning Experiences Fund. 4-H program staff and/or event coordinators may apply for support from this fund on an annual basis.
Statewide 4-H learning experiences often include skill-building workshops and events to teach methods, share new ideas and offer learning opportunities to 4-H youth and volunteers.
For the 2022-23 program year, the following programs were funded, totaling $95,503 in sponsorships from the Michigan 4-H Foundation.
- 4-H Capitol Experience
- 4-H Dairy Judging Bootcamp
- 4-H Exploration Days
- 4-H Great Lakes and Natural Resources Camp
- 4-H National Congress
- 4-H State Dog Agility Workshop
- 4-HYPE: A teen leadership and influencer retreat
- Clare and Gladwin County 4-H Summer Camp
- Macroinvertebrate Collection Kits
- Michigan 4-H Creative Arts Celebration
- Michigan 4-H Dog Camp
- Michigan 4-H Environmental and Outdoor Education Certification
- Michigan 4-H GooseChase
- Michigan 4-H Month of the Military Child GooseChase and Celebration
- Michigan 4-H Paddlesports Cohort
- Michigan 4-H Spectacular Youth Leadership Institute
- Michigan 4-H State Youth Leadership Council Training Retreat
- Michigan 4-H Statewide Program Promotion
- National 4-H Dairy Conference
- World Food Prize Michigan Youth Institute
In addition to the programs above, statewide 4-H workshops will continue to receive funding as designated by their respective sponsors.
Annual support for 4-H learning experiences is provided by these Michigan 4-H Foundation endowment funds:
- Adam Family Endowment Fund
- James H. and Dorothy A. Anderson Fund
- Jack and Betty Barnes Tribute Fund
- Thelma and Leonard Burleigh Fund
- Thomas H. Cobb Shooting Sports Fund
- Phyllis Eppelheimer Memorial Fund
- Donald J. and John H. Hawkins Memorial Fund
- Henning Family Fund
- Sandra Clarkson Stuckman 4-H Endowment Fund
- William Allen Schiller Memorial Endowment
- Turner-Ousterhout Memorial Fund
- Westrate Family Fund
- WNF&GA, Michigan Division Endowment
- Howard Zindel Memorial Fund
Support is also provided by individual donations and these 4-H learning experience sponsors for 2022-23:
- GreenStone Farm Credit Services
- National 4-H Council partnerships with JOANN and Tractor Supply Company
- Tkachik Sisters Charitable Fund of the Community Foundation of Southeast Michigan.
Additional 4-H learning experience sponsorships are available. Learn more at: https://mi4hfdtn.org/4-h-learning-experience-sponsorship-requests.
If you or your organization are interested in sponsoring a 4-H learning experience, visit https://mi4hfdtn.org/statewide-4-h-learning-experiences.
The Michigan 4-H Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that supports Michigan 4-H Youth Development. For more information about the Michigan 4-H Foundation, visit mi4hfdtn.org. Michigan 4-H Youth Development is the youth-serving program of Michigan State University Extension.