Michigan 4-H State Youth Leadership Council welcomes new members
Twelve youth from across the state join the the Michigan 4-H State Youth Leadership Council.
The Michigan 4-H State Youth Leadership Council welcomed 12 new members who will serve a two-year term on the council. Established in 2015, the State Youth Leadership Council is a statewide leadership opportunity for Michigan 4-H Youth Development participants ages 15-19. State Youth Leadership Council members serve as representatives of the Michigan 4-H program, promoting 4-H through state and local activities, and providing youth voice and perspective to inform statewide programs and goals. The State Youth Leadership Council strives to create an environment where its members can network and share ideas, programs and experiences with other 4-H members from across the state.
Michigan 4-H youth programs continue to take place virtually at the start of 2021, and new members recently joined with returning members to complete training and team building activities virtually. State Youth Leadership Council members participated in training on topics ranging from personality types to public speaking and resume writing.
State Youth Leadership Council members were selected through an application and interview process where they participated in group interviews conducted by a selection committee comprised of 4-H staff and current State Youth Leadership Council members. Applicants completed a written application and submitted a reference in order to serve on the council.
New members selected for the 2021-2022 term include:
- Victoria Brown, Hillsdale County
- Adelle Dingledine, Ingham County
- Micaela Geborkoff, Houghton County
- Hayden Graves, Marquette County
- Halle Graves, Marquette County
- Terrell Jordan, Wayne County
- Joscelyn Layman, Hillsdale County
- Brenna Marshall, Ingham County
- Fawn Muraske, Newaygo County
- Renee Nails, Macomb County
- Daisy Rogers, Hillsdale County
- Aidan Ward, Cass County
They join with members completing the second year of their term:
- Kathleen Bailey, Branch County
- Jaycie Brown, Livingston County
- Joshua Dixon, Oakland County
- Gabrielle Flowers, Monroe County
- Trenton Haarz, Lapeer County
- Alexzandria Johns-Devries, Alger County
- Abigail Lehman, Branch County
- Katriana Meyer, Berrien County
- Peter Rambadt, St. Joseph County
- Brianna Stockwell, Cass County
For more information about the Michigan 4-H State Youth Leadership Council or to request an appearance of a State Youth Leadership Council member at a virtual meeting, program or event, please contact the staff advisors, Jackie Martin, Sara Keinath or Connie Lange.