4-H and Fairs
General Fair Information
Ottawa County has three fairs in which 4-H members may participate in 4-H classes. While each fair is independently managed; MSU Extension along with 4-H volunteers, partner with the fair board to offer these classes. It is important for 4-H members and their families to familiarize themselves with the rules at each fair, as project guidelines can sometimes vary between fairs. 4-H rules for the fair(s) are published each year in the fair premium book. Premium books can be found on the fair websites.
Steps for Entering 4-H Classes at the Fair
- Join a 4-H Club in Ottawa County no later than May 1st.
- Submit declarations by the project deadline if required.
- Submit animal pre-entry forms to the appropriate 4-H coordinator by the project deadline if required.
- Complete the fair premium/entry sheet and return to the fair (not MSU Extension) by the deadline. Premium/entry sheets can be found on the fair websites.
- Be sure to follow the 4-H project rules and guidelines as outlined in the fair premium book(s). Premium books can be found on the fair websites.
- Complete exhibit tags as outlined by each fair, and attach to still exhibits.
- Complete and return any additional forms required by the fair.
- 4-H Club administrative volunteers should submit a club reservation form for the fair(s) their club members plan to participate in.