Addie M. Thompson, Ph.D.
At the most broad level, my lab is interested in studying maize, and how different genotypes grow in different environments. We use many technologies and approaches to investigate this area, from quantitative genetics to phenomics to statistical and physiological modeling. Emphasis is placed on addressing biologically meaningful and agriculturally relevant questions, with both domestic and international potential applications.
- Van Eeuwijk F, Bustos-Korts D, Millet E, Boer M, Kruijer W, Thompson A, Malosetti M, Iwata H, Quiroz R, Kuppe C, Muller O, Blazakis K, Yu K, Tardieu F, Chapman S. 2017. Assessing the efficiency of phenotyping strategies. Submitted, Plant Science.
- Massafaro M, Thompson A, Tuinstra M, Dilkes B and Weil C. 2016. Mapping the Increased Protein Digestibility Trait in the High-Lysine Sorghum Mutant P721Q. Crop Science 56(5): 2647-2651.
- Ramamurthy K, Zhang Z, Thompson A, He F, Crawford M, Habib A, Weil C, Tuinstra M. 2016. Predictive Modeling of Sorghum Phenotypes with Airborne Image Features. KDD DS-FEW 2018.
- Bernardo R and Thompson A. 2016. Germplasm Architecture Revealed through Chromosomal Effects for Quantitative Traits in Maize. Plant Genome 9(2).
- Kelly D, Vasta Avimanyou, Mayham W, Ngo L, Thompson A, and Kazic T. 2015. An Opinion on Imaging Challenges in Phenotyping Field Crops. Machine Vision and Applications. December Special Issue: 1-14.
- Thompson A, Yu J, Timmermans M, Schnable P, Crants J, Scanlon M, and Muehlbauer G. 2015. Diversity of maize shoot apical meristem architecture and its relationship to plant morphology. G3 5(5):819-27.
- Thompson A, Crants J, Schnable P, Yu J, Timmermans M, Springer N, Muehlbauer G. 2014. Genetic control of maize shoot apical meristem architecture. G3 4(7):1327-37.
- Makarevitch I, Thompson A, Muehlbauer G, Springer N. 2012. Brd1 gene in maize encodes a brassinosteroid C-6 exidase. PLoS ONE 7(1): e30798
- Li L, Yu X, Thompson A, Guo M, Yoshida S, Asami T, Chory J, Yin Y. 2009. Arabidopsis MYB30 is a direct target of BES1 and cooperates with BES1 to regulate brassinosteroid-induced gene expression. The Plant J. 58(2):275-86.
Published on July 1, 2020
Published on February 3, 2020
Published on September 10, 2019