Jaime Willbur, Ph.D.
- Lab phone number: 517-355-3863
Our research and extension program aims to develop integrated management strategies for current and emerging potato and sugar beet diseases. Current investigations of pathogen biology, ecology, and disease epidemiology help us develop tools, including predictive models and remote sensing technologies, for use in effective and economical disease management.
- Fall, M.L., Willbur, J.F., Smith, D.L., Byrne, A.M., Chilvers, M.I. 2018. Spatiotemporal distribution pattern of Sclerotinia sclerotiorum apothecia is modulated by canopy closure and soil temperature in an irrigated soybean field. Plant Dis. XX:XX-XX. Accepted for publication.
- Marburger, D.A. and Willbur, J.F., Weber, M.E., Ané, J.M., Kabbage, M., Conley, S.P., and Smith, D.L. 2018. Characterizing the Effect of Foliar Lipo-chitooligosaccharide Application on Sudden Death Syndrome and Sclerotinia Stem Rot in Soybean. Plant Health Prog. XX:XX-XX. doi:10.1094/PHP-10-17-0058-RS.
- Fall. M.L., Boyse, J.F., Wang, D., Willbur, J.F., Smith, D.L., Chilvers, M.I. 2018. Case Study of an Epidemiological Approach Dissecting Historical Soybean Sclerotinia Stem Rot Observations and Identifying Environmental Predictors of Epidemics and Yield Loss. Phytopath. XX:XX-XX. doi: 10.1094/PHYTO-12-16-0446-R.
- McCaghey, M. and Willbur, J., Ranjan, A., Grau, C., Chapman, S., Diers, B., Groves, C., Kabbage, M., and Smith, D. 2017. Development and Evaluation of Glycine max Germplasm Lines with Quantitative Resistance to Sclerotinia sclerotiorum. Front Plant Sci. 8:1495.
- Willbur, J.F., Fall, M.L., Bloomingdale, C., Byrne, A.M., Chapman, S.A., Isard, S.A., Magarey, R.D., McCaghey, M., Mueller, B.D., Russo, J.M., Schlegel, J., Chilvers, M.I., Mueller, D.S., Kabbage, M., and Smith, D.L. 2017. Weather-based models for assessing the risk of Sclerotinia sclerotiorum apothecial presence in soybean (Glycine max) fields. Plant Dis. 102: 73-84.
- Willbur, J.F., Ding, S., Marks, M.E., Lucas, H., Grau, C.R., Groves, C.L., Kabbage, M., and Smith, D.L. 2017. Comprehensive Sclerotinia stem rot screening of soybean germplasm requires multiple isolates of Sclerotinia sclerotiorum. Plant Dis. 101(2):344-353.
- Willbur, J.F., Vail, J.D., Mitchell, L.N., Jakeman, D.L., and Timmons, S.C. 2016. Expression, purification, and characterization of a carbohydrate-active enzyme: a research-inspired methods optimization experiment for the biochemistry laboratory. Biochem Mol Biol Educ. 44(1): 75-85.
- Samac, D.A. and Willbur, J., Behnken, L., Brietenbach, F., Blonde, G., Halfman, B., Jensen, B., Sheaffer, C. 2014. First report of Stemphylium globuliferum causing Stemphylium Leaf Spot on alfalfa (Medicago sativa) in the U.S. Plant Dis. 98(7):993.
- Samac, D. A., Halfman, B., Jensen, B., Brietenbach, F., Behnken, L., Willbur, J., Undersander, D., Blonde, G., and Lamb, JF.S. 2013. Evaluating Headline fungicide on alfalfa production and sensitivity of pathogens to pyraclostrobin. Online. Plant Health Prog.
Michigan vegetable crop report – May 31, 2023
Published on May 31, 2023
Michigan vegetable crop report – May 24, 2023
Published on May 24, 2023
Michigan vegetable crop report – May 17, 2023
Published on May 18, 2023
Michigan vegetable crop report – May 10, 2023
Published on May 10, 2023
Michigan vegetable crop report – May 3, 2023
Published on May 4, 2023
MSU researchers awarded $750K grant to develop sustainable management for potato early die complex
Published on May 1, 2023
Michigan potato late blight detected on September 14, 2022
Published on September 15, 2022
Michigan potato late blight detected on September 6 and 7, 2022
Published on September 8, 2022
Michigan vegetable crop report – August 31, 2022
Published on August 31, 2022