Equitable Inclusion in Virtual Community Engagement Webinar
June 16, 2020 - Author: National Charrette Institute and Form-Based Codes Institute
One of the greatest challenges in any community engagement effort is ensuring that all stakeholder groups have a voice. Virtual tools can exclude or discourage stakeholders who do not have the resources or knowledge to participate. But they can also provide access for individuals who often have been excluded or chose not to participate.
In this webinar, experts explored how virtual platforms and tools can, along with other methods, bring the voices and perspectives of all groups affected into the decision-making process.
- Ashley Cash, comprehensive planning administrator at the City of Memphis in Tennessee,
- Calvin Gladney, president and CEO of Smart Growth America,
- Karen Parolek, principal and CFO of Opticos Design, and
- Ebony Walden, founder & principal at Ebony Walden Consulting.
- NCI Online Engagement Tools and Techniques.