Money Smart Youth Ambassadors
Youth from across Michigan can become financial leaders by applying to be a 4-H Money Smart Youth Ambassador. This program coordinated by Michigan State University Extension 4-H Youth Development started in 2020 and provides an opportunity for young people to share their financial knowledge with their peers in a wide array of mediums.
Money Smart Youth Ambassadors gain leadership and public speaking experience by serving as guest speakers during presentations and podcasts, developing games, creating social media campaigns, writing articles and providing valuable input into future financial education programs. Check out their amazing work below!
How to Join
This program is open to all Michigan youth ages 12-19.
Applications are accepted until August 1 annually for the upcoming year. Interviews take place in August or September.
- Serve as a Michigan 4-H Money Smart Youth Ambassador member from September -June.
- Once selected, enroll in 4-H with a complete profile in 4-H Online.
- Create and promote money education and programs locally through 4-H clubs, schools, and other venues.
- Attend all virtual meetings as scheduled with at least 75% attendance at monthly meetings.
- Contact the group advisors if unable to participate in conference calls, meetings, events or trainings as they are scheduled.
Resources created by Money Smart Youth Ambassadors
Read about interesting money topics to help you become consumer savvy and get a head start on growing your wealth. These articles were written by youth for youth.
Have fun learning what it takes to grow your money with these games created by our Money Smart Youth Ambassadors.
Kahoot Game on Credit by Brooke R.
Money Word Search by Harper Jane A.
Try this mini interactive lesson using Nearpod
Deposit Slips Made Simple by Malak A.
Listen to Money Smart Ambassadors perspectives and tips on money in this Wallet Watch podcast
Podcast by Brooke, Will and Leah hosted by MSU Federal Credit Union.
For more information, contact a group advisor:
Kathy Jamieson, email@example.com
Laurie Rivetto, firstname.lastname@example.org