Online Certificates from the School of Packaging
The School of Packaging has three options for online education that will earn university credit.
Certificate Programs: Professionals working in packaging or a related field who do not wish to pursue the Master’s degree program may enhance their formal education by earning a certificate. The certificates available are designed for students without a degree in packaging however have the appropriate skills in math and science needed to complete most of the studies. All of the courses in either certificate program are 100% online courses and will have courses that are available in either the spring or fall semesters of each academic school year. Students in the certificate programs enroll for classes as Life-Long Education students and are not subject to the admission requirements of the Master’s program. Follow this link to learn more about and to apply to become a Life-Long Education student.
1. The Online Master’s Degree Program is designed to meet the needs of packaging professionals involved in all aspects of the industry as well as those with a general technology background. There is considerable flexibility in designing your degree program to fit your interests. This Plan B (non-thesis) program requires completion of 30 credits and can be completed in about three years by averaging one course per semester including summer semesters. The time commitment for an online course averages 10 to 15 hours per week.
- For more details on what is required to obtain a Master’s Degree in Packaging online, please reference the Graduate Student Handbook
- Follow this link for more for details on courses and follow this link for tuition information.
- Dr. Sue Selke manages the Online Master's Degree Program. For questions please contact her at email@example.com.
2. The Certificate of Technical and Professional Accomplishment Programs are designed for Professionals working in packaging or a related field who do not wish to pursue the Master’s degree program but would like to enhance their formal education by earning a certificate from the School of Packaging. Students in the certificate programs enroll for classes as Life-Long Education students and are not subject to the admission requirements of the Master’s program.
- Follow this link for more information on our Certificate of Technical Accomplishment .
- Follow this link for more information on our Certificate of Professional Accomplishment
- Cimberly Weir manages the certificate programs for the School of Packaging. For questions please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Individual Courses may be completed online as an MSU Lifelong Education Student. Those interested in pursuing studies in a particular area without pursuing a degree program or certificate may enroll in online courses separately. Students wishing to take individual courses will do so by applying to MSU as a Life-Long Education Student. Follow this link for information and for an application form.
- Follow this link for more for details on courses andfollow this link for tuition information.
- For questions regarding becoming a Lifelong Education Student please follow this link to contact MSU's Office of the Registrar
For questions concerning the Online Certificate Programs please contact:
Phone (517) 353-6797