Food Security III Cooperative Agreement. [ 2002 - 2012 ]
Background - Food Security III Cooperative Agreement - (Sept 2002 – Sept 2012)
On September 30, 2002, USAID awarded the Food Security III Cooperative Agreement (under a Leader with Associates [LWA] Agreement mode) to the Department of Agriculture, Food and Resource Economics at Michigan State University. It was a potential 10-year project, with renewal after the first 5 years contingent on an evaluation. The evaluation of the first 5 years was favorable, and the FS III Leader Award was extended for the remaining 5 years, through September 30, 2012. In USAID the project was managed in the EGAT and later Food Security Bureaus in close cooperation with the Africa Bureau.
- View - FS III Objectives/Approaches/Methods
- View - The Food Security Group: A Brief Tour
- View - Food Security III Legacy Website (2013)
- View - Food Security III Legacy Website (2016)
- View - Food Security III Legacy Website – In Country/Regional Project Activities
- View - Food Security III - Cross Country Outreach Activities
- View –
- View - Presentation - Highlights of FS II/III Cooperative Agreement:
- Cutting Hunger and Poverty in Africa through Better Programs and Policies
- Videos about the MSU/AFRE Food Security Group, by: (Crawford ) (Boughton)
- Capacity Building for Food Policy Analysis Lessons: Learned from the Food Security Cooperative Agreement. Duncan Boughton and Eric Crawford. Presentation at USAID. Washington, D.C. March 13, 2012.
- Overview: Food Security Program at Michigan State University. Duncan Boughton and Eric W. Crawford. Presentation to Dr. Rob Bertram, USAID. May 20, 2011.
- Staatz and Yumkella Video - Agribusiness Seminar at IFPRI. 2011. Video Presentation
- Food Security by The Numbers. Observations from the USAID-MSU Food Security Cooperative Agreement FS III. Challenges in Collecting and Using Information To Inform Goals of Poverty Reduction, Food Security, Enhanced Productivity and Income Growth for Small-Scale Farmers. Michael T. Weber. Presented at 2010 USAID Economic Growth Officer’s Conference. Washington DC. June 21-25, 2010.
- View – MSU International Development Working Paper 101. Lessons Learned from 25 Years of Food Security Research, Capacity-Building, and Outreach. The MSU Food Security Group. October 30, 2009
- View – Policy Brief No. 84 Improving Food Security in Africa: Highlights of 25 Years of Research, Capacity-Building, and Outreach. The MSU Food Security Group. October 2009.
- View - Examples of On-Campus and In-Counry Publication Series FS II/III has helped establish/maintain
- Professional Contribution from Food Security Related Activities (Journals, Books, Book Chapters, etc)
- USAID Development Clearing House FS III Documents – Food Security III (GDA-A-00-02-00021-00)
- FSIII Leader Award Annual Report: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
- Legacy Website for the FS III/UNECA attempt to build a
Fact sheets were used to record/disseminate project activities from 2002-2004. Starting in 2004, online reporting of activities was started through the MSU/FSG Website. A complete picture of project activities needs to take into consideration the fact sheets and the functioning Legacy Online websites (all documents are still downloadable) listed below.
- BFS - Climate Change Associate Award
- Mozambique Policy Analysis and Planning Capacity for Improved Food Security and Nutrition Outcomes - MOZCAPAN
- Towards Sustainable Nutrition Improvement in Rural Mozambique (TSNI)
- Sahel Regional
- Mali Food Security Initiative (Phase II.2, Phase II.1, Phase I)
- Mali Market Information
- Mali Nutrition Project
- West Africa Market Information Projects (WAMIP) - Phase II and Phase I
- PRESAO - West Africa Food Security Capacity Strengthening and Research Program (Programme de Renforcement et de Recherche sur la Sécurité Alimentaire en Afrique de l'Ouest)