Online Self-Paced Course
RELAX: Alternatives to Anger Online is a self-paced course for adults to better manage anger and stress at home and in the workplace. Participants will gain a better understanding of anger, learn methods to manage anger and stress, develop communication skills and make positive behavioral changes. A certificate for three training hours is awarded once participants have completed the course.
The RELAX: Alternatives to Anger Online Self-Paced program includes the class materials during each of the four lessons, with the option to print them from the website.
Follow the instructions below to register for this course if you are not a Michigan State University staff member or student:
- Create your MSU Community ID and Password: Community ID Instructions - Create Your Account.
- Login to the registration system with your Community ID and Password: RELAX: Alternatives to Anger Online
- Follow the instructions to register and pay for the course. Upon registration, you will receive a receipt and instructions for accessing the course.
Michigan State University Staff/Students:
Register for this course using your MSU NetID and Password: MSU Staff/Student Registration.
To Access Your Online Course
After you have successfully registered for the course:
- Go to https://d2l.msu.edu/.
- In the NetID field
- Non-MSU Staff: Enter your Community ID (your email address).
- MSU Staff: Enter your MSU NetID.
- Enter your password.
- You will be logged into D2L. Click on the RELAX: Alternatives to Anger course title to get started.
If you have any technical problems, please contact the Michigan State University IT Service Desk from 7am-12am Monday through Friday and 10am-12am on Saturday/Sunday, any day that the University is open.
- Phone: (517) 432-6200
There is no time limit for completing the online course; logging in and continuing can be done as many times as needed. You will be asked to complete written assignments during the course, and you will receive feedback from an instructor. After the instructor comments on your final assignment, you will need to log on and review the comments, at which time you will be able to print your certificate. Please allow 5-7 days from the time you finish for the instructor to grade and open your certificate.